What is Family Day Care?
Family Day Care is an approved form of childcare that is provided in the family day care educators own home. Family day care educators are early childhood education and care professionals, registered with a family day care service that is responsible for approving, supporting, training and advising its educators.
What are the benefits of family day care?
- The home-based setting provides a familiar, safe and secure learning environment.
- Current research confirms the importance of strong relationships with significant adults to a child’s early learning; family day care’s small group environment facilitates strong bonds and promotes effective early learning and social development.
- Family day care can offer care during standard hours, evenings, before/after school, during school holidays and in some cases overnight and weekends.
- Family day care can provide education and care for children from babies to school age; offering the possibility for siblings to be cared for together, all in one location.
- Family day care provides experiences which reflect the diversity of your community.
How is it like centre based childcare?
- Family day care provides early childhood education and care services for children across Australia.
- Family day care operates under the same National Quality Framework (NQF) as other forms of childcare; incorporating national regulations, quality and qualification standards, educational frameworks and an assessment and ratings process.
- Parents are eligible to the same Federal Government Child Care CCS- Child Care Subsidy.
How is it different to other forms of childcare?
- Your child’s education and care are provided by an individual educator who is an approved, early childhood education and care professional, operating within their own home.
- Educators work with small groups of no more than four children under school age. *
- Educators work in partnership with a local approved service who provide regular visits to monitor the children’s progress and to provide support.
- An educator may care for 3 additional school age children, outside of school hours.
As advocates of our industry we produly support other professional organisations and groups being acknowledged as Early Childhood Professionals or associates in our field.